Google has launched its much awaited update to the penguin algorithm series. Penguin 3.0, as it is called, was released on late Friday night of 17th October 2014. The Penguin 3.0 update has come after a long period i.e. 11 months after the 5th update of penguin 2.1. The 1st penguin algorithm was launched on April 24, 2012 & was aimed at improving the quality of websites.
The algorithm basically targets websites that have been following Spamdexing. Spamdexing is the practice of deliberately manipulating the search engine indexes. Methods like repeating unrelated phrases in the website content are used in order to manipulate the search engine indexing of the website. Too many spam links lead users to such websites that often deliver poor content.
Quick facts about Penguin 3.0 are given below for better understanding of the series update:-
- Penguin 3.0 is the 6th update in the penguin algorithm series. It is expected to be a major update as it would make the penguin algorithm work more smoothly and frequently.
- The penguin update basically targets websites that have a link scheme which makes their ratings better despite of poor content. Thousands of websites were penalized when penguin 2.0 was launched. Their rankings dropped heavily and significant decrease in traffic was witnessed. The 3.0 update of the algorithm aims at penalizing websites that were missed out earlier.
- However, the 3.0 penguin update is also a ray of hope for websites that have made necessary changes to achieve better traffic. Such websites have been waiting since almost a year for the update that could probably revive their online business.
- In order to get saved from the hard hit of Penguin 3.0, websites need to clear their back link profile and flush out spam links or paid links and adhere to the policies of Google webmaster.The Penguin 3.0 is a major update in the penguin algorithm series of Google. It is threat to websites following unethical ways of search engine indexing. However, it is also a much awaited chance for websites that want to get back in the good books of Google.Hire a Professional Internet Marketing Company to save your website from Google Penguin 3.0 Update.
In today’s fast paced life, smart phones have become an important medium for users for solving all their queries. Most people today stick to their mobile phones when it comes to searching any information on the internet. Thus, it is of utmost importance that all business make their websites mobile friendly. This makes sure that the online businesses are not missing out on a large pool of visitors that prefer to use their mobiles to access the web.
While most businesses have made necessary updates in their websites to make them compatible for mobile platforms, some of them are still not suitable for mobile devices. Google has come up with a new feature for its search results that targets such incompatible websites. The feature will issue warnings to visitors in case they come across websites that have heavy flash content and are not suitable for mobile viewing.
Some quick facts about this feature are given below:-
- This feature was launched by Google earlier this year only in the U.S. but according to its latest announcement, the feature would be expanded for search results outside of the U.S as well.
- The major reason behind this feature is that Google wants to push all the website owners to make their websites mobile friendly.
- The websites that do not work properly on Android software or Apple’s IOS are the ones to be affected the most.
- Earlier when a user used to search a website, the snippet used to describe the main information of the website. But now, the snippet would display a warning message for the users stating that the website uses flash and would not work properly on mobiles.
- When users see the warning messages they would switch to other websites. This directly means that the websites that are not mobile friendly would face a sudden drop in their traffic.Most users want to visit websites through their smart phones or tablets. With Google’s new feature, users would get a prior warning regarding websites that would not work properly on their phones, and thus save their precious time. Hire a Professional Mobile Web Designing Company because Mobile compatible websites are the need of the hour.
First impression is the last impression is an apt dictum for a website’s home page. Home Page Design becomes an essential part due to the fact that it attracts the visitors at the first glance. The layout and design of the home page should be compelling so that the visitors get attracted towards it. You can take the help of a Professional Website Designing Company that is well-versed with the latest techniques, software and technologies of the website designing. Hiring an expert for designing a website is a smart approach as a Home Page Design is about website visitors and their needs. Essentially a home page should include site introduction or overview, featured content, rotator or static image, recent blog posts, upcoming events and many more. Here are some of the important tips that can be considered while designing a home page in order to get more and more visitors.
Tips For An Impressive Home Page Design
- A home page should be such that a first time user finds it easy and attractive.
- The navigation should be simple and too many advertisements should be avoided.
- Ranking of your site should be on number one in Google, which can be possible with the help of an intelligent strategy of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Each webpage must be link with the home page so that the user can easily access it whenever required.
- Pop-ads and pop-up boxes interrupt a lot, so avoid including them on the home page.
- Visual impacts are essential for grabbing the attention of the visitors.
- The webpage should be easily open without taking much time. Thus, avoid slow loading graphics.
- Use of simple and small icons is recommended for drawing visitor’s attention.
- Inclusion of social media is must so that the visitor will be able to like, comment and also share the sites, thus increasing promotion.
- You will require an experienced graphic designer in order to design a good home page as well as the entire website.
- Addition of videos can be an attractive method of engaging visitors to your website.To summarize, the given tips will definitely help you to come up with striking designs of the home page. By applying these tips, you will certainly find a drastic change in the number of visitors and increase of traffic.