The use of the internet to promote products and services started a whole new era of Online Marketing. Among the many methods employed to increase the visibility of the websites, Email Marketing is one the most prominent. Email Marketing involves sending emails containing information of the company and its products and services to a selected range of potential clients and customers. Emails of regular newsletters are also sent to a database of existing and potential clients and customers. There are distinct advantages which Email Marketing has over the other forms of Email Marketing. Some of them have been discussed below:
It takes only the blink of an eye to send an email. The incredible increase in the speed of communication, which has been brought upon by the internet, has made it a convenient tool for instantly supplying the prospective and existing clients with promotional and informative content.
Email Marketing has the least cost among all the known marketing tools. The total cost includes only the cost of making the advertisement and the internet cost of sending the email. The revenue generation, on the other hand, is a much higher amount than the cost incurred in the process.
Email Marketing has the advantage of personal touch as it is addressed straight to the recipient. Thus, the interest level generated in the prospective clients and customers is much higher in comparison to the other methods of marketing. The existing customers and clients also get a feel of personalized treatment when promotions are made through Email Marketing.
Modern marketing tools stress on the importance of the feedbacks and suggestions of the clients and customers. Modern marketing takes the approach of a conversation between the buyers and sellers rather than being an one way attempt of enticing the buyer. Email Marketing provides the most convenient platform for such a conversation.
Email Marketing does not suffer from the restrictions of time or place. Other mediums of promotion have to be directed at certain segments only due to the restrictions of budget, demographic differences, etc. However, a promotional email can be sent to recipients all over the world in a very short time and at a negligible cost.
Eco-friendly And Convenient
Since there is no paperwork involved in Email Marketing, it is an eco-friendly process and without the hassles of paperwork. It is not only convenient for the sender to send the emails, but also easy for the recipient to respond to it.
Email Marketing has become very popular due to the advantages stated above. Email Marketing combines the benefits of promotions and surveys, and provides the platform for the buyers to discuss their requirements with providers so that the needs of both can be satisfied efficiently
In layman’s terms, Bounce refers to when a visitor logs on to a website & lands on a webpage of the site, but rather than choosing to browse through the rest of the pages, decides to exit. Here bounce rate refers to the total percentage of visitors who bounce. For a website having a high bounce rate could mean serious trouble, as it basically points towards the inability of the website (design or content) to hold the interest of the online visitors.
High Bounce Rate – What Does It Mean?
According to experts, a 50% bounce rate is normal for a website, while a 60% bounce rate is an indication that there may a problem in some aspect of the website; it may be that the content & design is not compelling enough to hold the attention of the visitor, or the information provided is not useful to visitors, or any other related reason. A Bounce Rate above 60% points to severe problems with the website which needs to be analyzed & fixed immediately. A high bounce rate may be indicative of the fact that there are some problems with functioning of the website, which is making the visitors leave the site halfway through.
Different Types Of Traffic & Bounce Rate
Direct Traffic - The visitors who log on to the internet with the intention of visiting a particular website are referred to as Direct Traffic. According to industry experts, a high bounce rate in case of Direct Traffic is acceptable as these visitors visit the website with the intention of accessing some particular information like – latest offers or deals, or contact info, etc. As they are already aware of the company & its offering, it does not matter if they visit all the pages or not.
Search Traffic - The bounce rate from Search Traffic is usually as high as 30-40%. It is important to analyze the statistics for the bounce rates of paid search traffic & organic search traffic respectively. There may some problems with the advertisements if the bounce rate of paid search traffic is high. If there is a high bounce rate with organic search traffic, then it would be a smart move to analyze which keywords are causing the visitors to bounce off.
Referral Traffic - These are most relevant kind of traffic for any website & having a high bounce rate in this section means a major re-hauling of the website is required. This would include identifying the reason for the high bounce rate & taking remedial measures.
Website Bounce Rates are quite an effective indicator of the efficacy of the website in holding the attention of the visitors.
A Domain name is an important aspect of your online business; it is the name by which people recognize any particular website & search for it online. The Domain name is of, thus, great significance & therefore its management is essential. Without the Domain name, people interested in finding a specific website online would have a tough time in doing so. This is because, without the domain name, they would have to remember a complex string of characters & symbols that usually signifies the web address. The domain name is a unique name that should ideally characterize the business (it is representing) aptly.
Tips To Manage Your Domain Name Efficiently
- Keep Track Of The Renewal Date
The Domain name registered by any company is only valid for a specific period of time, once the registration period is up, your ownership rights over the domain name also expires. Once this happens, any other company can get the rights to your domain name. If this happens then the online visitors searching for your website could end up visiting the website of the new domain name owner. To avoid this, it is important to ensure that the domain name is renewed regularly.
- Keep The Contact Details Up To Date
Your contact information is a vital piece of information & any changes in the same should be immediately updated. Your contact information is accessible to visitors, registrar & clients, so it is important that the information is always kept updated.
- Keep A Regular Tab On The Security
Ensure that your domain name is safe from hackers & beware of illegal domain name transfers by unscrupulous parties. Since the domain name is your property for registered period, make sure that your care for your property efficiently
- Keep Changing The Password Regularly
The password chosen for accessing the domain should be fairly complex to keep it safe from hackers & also ensure that it changed from time to time. This is a basic security measure that is recommended to be followed in order to ensure the security of the domain.
These are some of the simplest tips that will help in the efficient management of your domain name.
On a web page there are various elements such as fonts, spacing, margin, etc. whose presentation need to be specified for formatting and presentation of information. At the same time, the presentation of these elements should be separate from the structure (headings, body text, links, etc.) of the web document to be published on that particular page. This is achieved by means of a technology referred to as Cascading Style Sheets, more popularly known as CSS. There are three types of Cascading Style Sheets namely, local (in-line), internal, and external.
Benefits Of Using CSS
There are a number of benefits of using CSS. Some of them are as follows:
- With the use of CSS, a web designer can separate content and presentation in web documents. This facilitates to modify a webpage’s appearance without manipulating its HTML structure.
- There is greater control over formatting and display of HTML documents.
- Use of CSS is time saving as well. Conventionally, formatting was done by means of extensive, redundant HTML code but CSS allows formatting of web pages by scripting a few lines of code.
- Formatting can be applied and modified globally.
- Cascading Style Sheets can be shared across multiple documents on entire Website.
Downsides Of Using CSS
CSS is not independent of a few downsides. Some of them are listed as follows:
- When you are using CSS, you are required to test the compatibility of the web pages with multiple browsers.
- When using CSS, margin collapsing is useful but it’s quite complicated.
- There are no variables used in CSS which forces one to “replace-all” when there is a need to change a fundamental constant.
- CSS supports only one background image for each element. This is a big limitation especially when highly graphical designs are required.
On the whole, CSS technology proves to be a powerful means for effective web designing. Although, CSS are not perfect yet they enable designers to set certain styles in an accurate and convenient manner. For the same reason, Cascading Style Sheets are rated highly among many Web Designers.
It is a common sight to see both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox installed in the systems of the common internet user. Even if we take a count of the loyalists, we find that the number of users who swear by Chrome and the number who swear by Firefox are almost same. Thus, it would be an interesting task of deciding whether Chrome is better than Firefox or if the opposite is true. The deductions made below are based on the results of tests done under various conditions.
The websites that were used in the test are http://www.buzzle.com, http://www.apple.com, http://www.twitter.com, http://www.pinterest.com, and http://www.facebook.com. The browsers that were tested are Google Chrome Version 24.0.1312.56 m, Mozilla Firefox 17.0 and the system specifications of the machines were Windows Vista Business SP2 (32-bit), Intel Pentium E5200 2.50 Ghz, 2GB RAM. The tests led to the following results of the compared criteria.
When tested within limited number of open tabs, Chrome is the clear winner. Chrome is the fastest among all the web browsers. However, the speed of chrome is inversely proportional to the number of the tabs open. This can be a problem for the advanced user who has to work with 30 to 40 open tabs at a time. The page loading speed of Firefox however stays same irrespective of the number of tabs that are open.
Chrome does not encrypt the passwords and thus is lesser secure to use than Firefox. Google Chrome also makes caches and shares the data online. Though this has never led to any issues in the past, the bigger corporate houses treat chrome with suspicion.
In terms of reliability and performance, Chrome scores over Mozilla as there are fewer cases of crashes in Chrome than in Mozilla. In addition to this, Chrome runs each tab as separate process. This means that if one of the tab stops responding, the entire browser need not be restarted. On the other hand, even if one tab stops responding in Firefox, the user has to go through the inconvenience of restarting the entire browser.
The test results revealed by RoboHornet put Chrome a few points ahead of Firefox. But the preference for Chrome or Firefox will depend on the user and the nature of work he is doing. Even if new users are concerned, the ones who want more speed and screen space will opt for Chrome while the ones who are working with data requiring security and are more comfortable with the traditional menus will opt for Firefox.
Google Penguin is basically the name of a Google algorithm update that was launched by the company in April 2012. This algorithm was developed in order to control the misuse of SEO techniques by websites. The launch of Google Penguin was seen as a direct attack on websites that indulged in unethical SEO practices for increasing search engine rankings. Some such Black-hat SEO practices which Google Penguin aims to curb include duplicate content submission, keyword stuffing, cloaking, spamdexing, & so on.
Google Penguin Vs Google Panda
- While the Google Penguin is all about undermining the efforts of people indulging in questionable SEO tactics, Google Panda targets websites that provide low quality content. Google Panda was all about penalizing websites that offered poor content by decreasing their search engine rankings.
- While Google Panda is limited to the USA, Google Penguin is applicable to countries worldwide.
- Google Penguin ultimately aims to control spamming & to promote natural links, while Google Panda aims to promote good and useful content on websites. The goal is stop people from indulging in tricks & tactics to lure users to websites with useless/irrelevant content rather focus on providing a good user experience by offering relevant & unique information.
Google Penguin – How It Has Affected Article Submission
Google Penguin has also had an impact on Article Marketing. There are some things that a website needs to ensure so as to avoid being down-ranked by Google Penguin.
- Backlinks - If the Backlinks (all or most) on a webpage are from the same source, the website is sure to be penalized. To avoid this, it is to be ensured that the Backlinks belong to a variety of sources.
- Landing Page - Google Penguin also down ranks websites where only a single page is promoted. To avoid this, it is best if websites promote multiple web pages together with Backlinks.
- Anchor Text - Google Penguin is all about improving user experience & so it promotes content where there is variety in anchor text. Informative anchor text is also very essential. Informative Anchor Text refers to those anchor text that gives a brief idea about the landing pages where the user is being forwarded.
In the end, Google Penguin emphasizes on improving the overall user experience.
Most people today are aware of the importance of SEO & how it can have a positive effect on the bottom line of the online business. Since most businesses have an online presence today, SEO has acquired much relevance today. Businesses which have just decided to venture into the SEO domain are faced with a very difficult choice – whether to hire an in-house SEO team, or to outsource to a SEO company. While there are respective pros & cons of both these choices, nowadays Outsourcing SEO is emerging as a popular trend in the online business world.
Why Outsourcing SEO Makes Sense Today?
- SEO is a vast field & involves a lot of aspects like – On Page SEO, Off Page SEO, SEO Site Audits, Online Reputation Management, Backlink Analysis, Keyword Research, Link Removal, & many others. Finding experts who have adequate knowledge about all the important aspects of SEO, & to put together a competent in-house SEO team, is a very tough job. It makes much more sense to outsource the SEO to an expert company that specializes in the domain & has adequate exposure in all these aspects.
- Outsourcing SEO is comparatively cheaper than putting together an SEO in-house team & paying full time salary to the team members. Also, the SEO outsourcing company offers a company the choice to outsource as much or as little as they want to. This way a company can enjoy the benefits of quality SEO services at affordable rates.
- By associating with a reputed SEO outsourcing company, a business can hope for a boost in their link building campaign. Most reputed SEO outsourcing companies have a loyal client base & one can utilize this link network for increasing the search engine rankings effectively.
- SEO is a vast domain, & trying to manage this task in-house can be a time-consuming task & a cumbersome one too. Outsourcing the job to an expert SEO company may turn out to be a smart decision for the business. The SEO outsourcing company will take care of the whole campaign from the start to the end, & will ensure that the campaign is having the desired results.
By outsourcing to a reputed SEO company, a business can effectively increase the search traffic to its website & give a boost to the online business.