The schematic blueprint or skeletal framework of a Website is known as a Website Wireframe. This framework is used to define different pages and arrangement of elements over them. The main function of Website Wireframe is to arrange all the elements that will be displayed on different pages of the Website. It is also used for making a layout that determines the content priority, functionality and behavior. All in all it can be said that this schematic blueprint serves as a visual guide for arrangement of elements over a website page. Following sections will give you a brief overview about functions and elements of this visual guide.
Functions Of A Website Wireframe
- The first and the most important function of a Website Wireframe, is to determine the sequence of information display over a Website page.
- Website Wireframe also comprises of the navigational system of the website that will determine how the user will navigate through the Website from one page to another.
- The rule of information and graphic display over a website page is also determined by the Website Wireframe.
- Website Wireframe also determines the different functionalities of the website and their arrangement.
- The graphics, visuals and scenarios that are added to a Website page are positioned on the Website Wireframe to make sure that they are getting appropriate position over the page.
Elements Of Website Wireframe
This element of the Website Wireframe is used to determine the placement of navigational points over a Website page. These points are set to enable easy surfing through the different pages of the website.
User Interface Design
Interface design on a Website Wireframe is used for arranging interface elements. Common interface elements are check-boxes, drop-down menus, radio buttons and action buttons. The goal of this design is enable efficiency and usability of the website for the visitors.
Prioritization of information and its placement are the principal goals of the Website Wireframe. Therefore information design serves to be the most important element of this visual guide. This element is used for determining the information and graphic display of the Website in order to facilitate clear communication of information.
Website Wireframe is a very efficient designing tool that is used to design websites. Many website developers are using this designing tool to create a perfect Website Design in India. Website Wireframe has managed to attract quite a lot of popularity as an excellent visual guide amongst website developers all around the world.
If your website is “down and out”, it means damages. The impact of the damage may be immediate or delayed, but it will surely be. In the worst of cases, it may translate into loss of users’ confidence and loyalty. There may be a host of reasons for your website’s outage, but eventually the results are negative for you. To be able to prevent such a situation from arising, it will be better if you know the causes and the right remedies to tackle them. Here is a crucial piece of information in the context.
Causes Of Website Downtime
Component Failures: A technical snag in hardware, faulty software, programming errors, virus attack, file corruption, etc. may be the reasons behind your website outage. If anything of such sorts happen, you must seek immediate assistance from IT troubleshooters for they are the ones who can cut short downtime and limit damage.
Operator Errors Or Malicious Users
At times malicious users or hackers may be behind your website’s outage. There’s nothing that much that can be done except to get the website restored as quickly as possible and have better cyber security in place.
Disasters like earthquakes, floods, storms, fires, etc. may damage communication infrastructure eventually causing your website to go down. Well, in this case restoration may take a bit longer than usual.
One of the most common reasons for Website Downtime is planned upgrades for hardware, software, operating system, software applications, etc. Although, it is done for a constructive purpose but delay may eventually upset and turn away the regular users.
Affects Of Website Downtime
When a website is completely or even partially unavailable to the users, it can really affect the business. It impacts:
- Customer Satisfaction
- Potential Investors
- Search Engine Rankings
To conclude, it is better to be prepared and proactive. One must maintain a backup for database and buy monitoring service. If the website crashes, contact your Web Hosting Company, and last but not the least, be sure to notify the users of the outage. That will do the damage control.
Today, we have an equally powerful virtual world as the real one. The conventional means of communication are fading away and being replaced by newer, more attractive and more powerful ways. Websites fall in the latter category and have undergone a paradigm shift from being simple information sources to playing a major role in brand building and promotion. Websites are a collection of web pages, and it’s the performance of these small virtual units that makes a website useful or useless. Now, what is the yardstick to evaluate the importance of a web page; the answer is PageRank.
What Is PageRank?
PageRank is a numeric value representing the importance of a web page. In the year 1998, Google introduced an algorithm to rate the popularity of a web page and to provide better search results. The basic concept of this algorithm was that the importance of a web page is determined by the number of other important pages pointing to it. Going by the logic, when one page links to another, it is in turn casting a vote for the other page. Greater the number of votes more is the importance. PageRank algorithm computes a page’s importance by counting the votes casted for it.
Importance Of PageRank
PageRank holds immense importance for it is a way of estimating where a page ranks in the sea of millions of websites. If a page has decent PageRank, it means it will have greater exposure on Google search engine. This eventually means that the website will be able to generate more traffic. More traffic means more qualified leads and thus better opportunities for lead conversion. On the other hand, if you know that your page is not doing too well, you can take the right measures for Search Engine Optimization and thus meet your goals.
In the nutshell, it can be concluded that PageRank is one of the better indicators of a web page’s performance. It is always good to be in a position where you know what is right and what’s wrong with your website. Only when you are aware, you will be able to make the right decisions to improve your website.
When we talk about internet marketing, the importance of creating a landing page cannot be denied. A landing page is an opportunity for you to showcase your selling skills – in short; it is a page that helps you make your sales. Thus, a sales page is a lifeline for any business and how you design it determines the making and breaking of a business. When you get to design a landing page, you put your skills of words and design on test.
Contents of an Effective Landing Page
Whatever be the goal of your landing page, to get the readers involved, there are 3 main elements you need to pay special attention on:
- Attractive Design
- Compelling Copy
In an effective landing page, all these elements interact and blend with each other perfectly. Thus, to help you out with creating an awesome, effective landing page here are a few quick tips.
- Designing a perfect Layout: A recent study by the Stanford University proved that, “If your website looked shabby, chances are, that you’d lose your customers before they even get a chance to look at your website”.Thus, when designing a layout, your aim should be to keep the reader completely focused on the message. You should always aim at including links that are absolutely necessary, such as: the Buy Now Button or Video Review of your product. You should always remember that anything that takes the reader away from the landing route is a potential escape route. The only links that your landing page should have are:
- Finding more about the product
- Buying the product
- Back Button Optimize and choose product specific images: Images are powerful, they attract instant eyeballs. A write-up with plenty of images encourages reader to keep scrolling down and look for more information. However, when designing a landing page, more the images, the more would your landing page seem cluttered.
- Adequate Spacing: Progressing with the concept of minimalistic theme, an effective landing page should be spacious with plenty of white spaces.Why Adequate Spacing? A landing page is your pitch to potential customers. Whitespaces in the design allows the user to think and gives them a sense of control by making their life easier.
- Call to Action: Be it a buy button or any call to action button in a landing page. You should always ensure that the button bodes a color that contrasts the rest of the pages and makes it stand out.
Drupal was released by Dries Buytaert on January 2001 but its stable release took place on 20 November 2013. This Website Platform is apt for managing small sites but it can also efficiently manage big sites. Drupal Web Development is a very practical web solution for content management of websites. Following write-up will give you a brief overview about the advantages of Drupal Web Platform:
- A well-designed website with a poorly managed content won’t earn you profits in this age of exclusive content providing websites. If you want to stand out from the crowd and have exclusive content to attract more visitors, there could be nothing better than Drupal Web Development.
- Website should be dynamic and this can be achieved by adding elements like news, information, blogs and Digital Media Publishing Platform like Drupal to it. This gives a new life to the content of your website.
- Drupal is a free Online Web Development Software and the overall cost involved in using it much lesser than most other web solutions. This helps in lowering TCO or total cost of ownership of a website.
- This content management system can be used for making customized functionality without programming in a user interface. You can accomplish this task on your own and you don’t have to depend on the service provider for making simple adjustments.
- Since Drupal is freely available under open source license, hence you can modify it according to your requirement. You can also distribute this modification to other website owners in case you want to.
- Drupal can help in attracting more visitors to your website by content marketing. This platform assists in introducing scalability by increasing information accessibility for clients of the company.
- Drupal gives you the freedom to add new features according to your requirement without re-building the whole website. This extensibility to add new features make website updating a flexible and easy procedure.
The above reasons are evidently enough to prove the caliber of Drupal as an effective web solution. Drupal Web Development will surely be the best decision to update your website in order to attract potential customers towards the information about your company’s offerings. This free software is sure to elevate your profits by making your website a more credible and information providing resource.