Web Designing Basics:Useful Tips
Good website designing is no longer restricted to the aesthetics of a website but takes several factors into account. After reading this blog, you will get to know about various Useful Web Designing Tips that can go a long way in creating a website that is useful, ready for higher search engine rankings and attractive at the same time.
- Use images to illustrate only when it is necessary. While images say a thousand words they can be a little irritating at times and also do nothing special for optimization in comparison to relevant text.
- Use smaller images that load easily. You can also use CSS Sprites to cache the several images that need to be used across the website so that visitors do not have to download them again and again.
- Control the urge to display more advertisements and that too upfront. There’s nothing else that puts off users more than annoying ads. Place them preferably beside the content on the right or left side of the page or neatly at the top with properly set margins.
- Use standard font families. Seriously, avoid the temptation to use your favourite fonts as they may not be easy on the eyes of everyone or worse still, be incompatible with certain browsers to look garbled.
- Use one family of colors or stick to two tones that complement each other.
- As for navigation, get it done in a way that the accessibility is maintained properly sans any special effects, it is meaningful and the basic structure is the same throughout the website.
- Do not forget to test for cross-browser compatibility.
- Annotate links to let users know what they will find when they click on them.
- Too many tables and frames create a sure-shot recipe for disaster by playing havoc with usability of the website. Avoid them.
Though there are a hundred more things to keep in mind if you want to Create An Excellent Website but these basic tips should get you started out just fine. Along the way, you can do your best by focusing less on what you desire and more on what users want to get the web designed right bang on!
Posted on October 11, 2012, in Ecommerce Web design, Web Design, Web Design Tutorial and tagged Web Designing Basics, Web Designing Company, Web Designing Tips. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Comment.