Off late, due to changes in Google Algorithm, Search Engine Optimization has changed dramatically. With addition of Google Panda what conventionally used to work for SEO may not work today. Thus if you find yourself asking “What SEO Techniques to use in 2014?” you would tremendously benefit from this article.
Concentrate On SoLoMo
In 2014, we may need to rethink the concept of SEO entirely. Thus, rather than technique, your SEO strategy should aim at a more natural approach, this includes building fresh and relevant content, making organic links and many more strategic moves. Try to concentrate more on the SoLoMo strategy or Social, Local, Mobile, with a strong focus on customer engagement.
Go For A 360 Degree Approach Online
To rank better in the search engine and allow the user to find your website with ease in 2014, we may need to combine SEO, content management, social media marketing and mobile marketing for localizing search.
. Here are some ideas that you may wish to incorporate.
- SEO – The Organic Way: You may wish to update your keywords frequently and combine both long tailed as well as short-tailed keywords. Always use your keywords on the title tags, anchor link. The best advice here would be to spy your competitors in order to learn about the keywords they are using to rank better.
- Update Content &Keep It Fresh: When we talk about content, we don’t just mean text, we refer to multimedia content such as videos, charts, graphics etc. Search frequently for industry-related news and link to interesting information. You should add social media buttons, so that people can share, pin or email the information.
- Social Media Is The Winner: Post regular content on social media platforms. Find out what platform your customers use the most and post to those platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ are all highly ranked portals that are known for promoting brand awareness and encouraging valuable dialogs.
- Go Mobile: With Smartphones on rise, building a mobile website is just about the need for the hour. In December 2011, Google launched a smartphone known as Google Bot Mobile to help visitors find your website. There are two techniques that you should pay special attention to, these are: Responsive Web Design Techniques and Adaptive Web Design Techniques.
You are living in a digital age. Information is now available at the scroll of the mouse wheel and the click of a button. You can find more online stores and establishments compared to shops that have bricks and mortar. Thus you will find it quite logical that online businesses should have effective online marketing strategies. So, for all you budding online business entrepreneurs, the popular terms and acronyms associated with online marketing are discussed below.
- Search Engine Optimization/ SEO
What did you do the last time you searched some product or service? If your answer is “looked for it online”, then you are on the right track. Thus for any business owner looking to advertise his business, the first thing on the checklist should be Search Engine Optimization. You should keep in mind that graphics and Flash implement the content in the graphics as a result of which the search engines cannot index them in the process. The result would be a website that is appealing to the traffic but invisible to the search engines.
- Social Media Optimization/ SMO
In today’s world, where social networks are gaining in popularity, many advertisers are walking the wrong track by buying on a CPM basis. They can switch to paying on a CPC basis where they pay only for the clicks they get. This can help them save money spent unnecessarily. You can also use the social networking in a more intelligent way by using it to “pass the word”.
- Search Engine Marketing/ SEM
This is essentially paid searches which route traffic to your website. These ads are designed to attract the attention of the visitors. They are targeted at the terms and products the user searches. They are paid on the basis of clicks received.
The successful implementation of the online strategies mentioned above brings you ROI. It means Return on Investment i.e. money made or saved. Thus efficient usage and execution of the effective optimization and marketing strategies ultimately translates into excellent returns on the money invested.
What is the most important criteria that decides the fate of an online business? For a successful web based business the most imperative thing is to achieve higher search engine rankings. Having higher search engines ensures more amount of traffic and thus an increased business. But what is important is to keep track of these rankings. Obtaining the rankings and other results can help you incorporate new techniques on your site and at the same time remove those techniques that are posing a threat.
Web developers and the marketers constantly search for SEO tools that help in tracking down the results of the page ranking. Here in this write up we will let you know about the latest SEO tools that enable you to measure a site’s page ranking.
It is an extension of Firefox but can be opened easily in any browser. Using Firefox will be advised so as to avail all the plugins. This efficient tool gives you complete ranking of the site that includes alexa, pagerank etc.
Also, lets you search the backlinks, keyword density and the indexed pages simply by a right click that displays a menu. Following is the link of this extension.
This service is provided by Google and it enables you to learn about the important statistics of your site. What you need to do? Simply create a Google account and confirm that you can easily access the domain. This is a highly effective and advanced tool that enables you to know about the most popular searches that your site was clicked for and other integral information. Also, this tool can offer you ways of getting more clicks. The link is given below:
This is another extension of the Firefox, which lets you know about the details about the search results. It provides you information about the different pages and their ranking on the search engines. You can conduct a comparison with your competitors using this tool and understand the facts about their better rankings.
This site is not a tool but a medium that links to various other SEO tools. It offers links to different Keyword related tools like Site Link Analyzer. Also, this site offers informative articles.
The above mentioned are only few tools that can help you in getting accurate optimization results for your site. There are numerous other tools that can assist in knowing the rankings and other related results.